Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I am trying to be nicer to these two, so they will return the favor




Ok, so I know it may surprise you, but I use to be athletic. I used to do athletic things. I used to not care about the scale and working out. Then I got pregnant, got fat, had fat babies, stayed fat and then realized I needed to care about the above two things. But man, the more weight you pack on, the harder it is to approach these two, trust me. They are not my friends anymore. They both make me want to vomit, frankly. They don't work very well with my "must be perfect all the time" attitude I have mentioned previously in this post: http://swansonisms.blogspot.com/2008/03/this-is-me-learning-little-slower-than.html.
But I am trying now to not be discouraged when I don't burn 900 calories in 45 minutes, 6 times a week. I am trying to accept I have to start over and work up to this, and that there will be days where I don't measure up to the terribly high standards I tend to put on myself and mostly that THAT IS OK.
I have been waiting a while for motivation to come to me like a stike of lighting and ignite me to start working out again. But oddly enough, it never happened. So time kept passing and passing and I stayed far away from these nasty little things, until a friend (you know who you are), shoved me into the light of reality. I just need to do it. So this morning I did. And much to my disappointment, it still wasnt easy or fun. Then after, I stepped onto the little scale; and oh man, if you have not weighed yourself in a while and are looking for motivation to work out, just try weighing yourself. If the shock of the number doesnt move you into action, then you clearly do not need to be working out, so just sit back and have yourself a big old slice of pizza. And then tell me how it was, because I will be living vicariously through you for the next few months.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Mel you are the motivation I needed today!!! I'm going to Hawaii in a month... I keep looking at the scales, treadmills, and keep eating whatever I want b/c I have no time & I'm so tired!! {it's getting me no where}Thanks for this post b/c I need to be doing the same thing!!! I wish we lived by each other so we could help each other out!!!
Love you Mel and I know you can do this!! I will say the same thing to me too k~
For the next month we should tell each other our progress than we will hav't to do it!!!!:)
GOOD LUCK!!!!

briana said...

Ditto to my partner in crime! Commenting on your blog is the closest I am these days to bloggin at all. One day we are going to go to sweet tomatoes and like it! I didn't say love it.

I do know that one day this will all be a blur. Until then, fake it til we make it!

Sarah said...

It must be the spring fever bug thats kickin everyone in the butt. Everywhere I turn people are starting their own workout program, I love it!
You are very dedicated. I need to learn that from you. I just hope I can keep up with you!