Thursday, July 17, 2008

How's your memory?

Memory Game
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

20 comments:

Amanda said...

Remember when...
I stole the brownie from Kevin's treat plate and he blamed Sally? We tried to tell him who it really was, but he wouldn't listen. We had a very good laugh :)
I also loved the first time I saw the "crazy" Melanie! I believe we were playing some late night game a few years ago up at the house and you were so goofy, I loved seeing that side of you!
More recently, we went to Paradise bakery for lunch and I had a great time just talking with you. Thank you for keeping my sanity. So glad that we can have real conversations!
That is more than one memory, but who cares!

Sarah said...

One of my earliest memories of you was seeing you in Brians room with a marker in your hand and writing on the cardboard all around his bunkbed. I remember going back and trying to guess which comment was the one you wrote. I think one of them was a quote from an Indigo Girls song.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

I remember that you dated a famous Mormon actor. I can't remember his name but I was totally impressed by your connections :) I really remember how gorgeous I thought your skin was the first time we met. I am sure it is still as gorgeous as the first day I met you!!!

Lisa said...

I have way too many... It has been fun going down memory lane. I remember gym class and me hitting the tennis ball really hard and then you having to run out and get it. I remember when I saw all the leaves Brian left in your room to answer or ask? you to a dance and how mad you were at him. I remember "balooning" people. I could go on and on. But who can forget how sorry I feel for eye-doctors at Christmas. Oh and by the way "My cat jumped in the oven :) Lisa

briana said...

oh man, u know my memory. i mean- in a conversation on the phone i can't even remember what i am saying mid sentence. and i know it has to drive you crazy! but, i will play. so, the truth is...one of my greatest memories of you is when you knew i was really struggling with my kids and you went online and bid and bid on that one parenting book that everyone should own whether they have kids or not. and then you just dropped everything and totally dropped by unannounced to give it to me. then while you were here, you helped me potty train my youngest plus also made sure every room in the house was safe and secure. i will never forget that.

melanie33 said...

bri... your memories are crystal clear. I realize now I am the greatest friend you have ever had. I do so much for you. Applaud me. celebrate me. bow down to me. do it now!!

melanie33 said...

lisa- i had totally forgotten about balooning people! lol, we were interesting werent we? that made me laugh. But i did not forget eye doctors, and every time i pass one i think of you. for real.

liz- the "famous mormon actor"! lol, i think you might be referring to kirby heyborne. I wonder how that came up in conversation?! Do i ever have connections!!
Sarah- i believe i wrote every indigo girls lyric and counting crows lyric (and some ani difranco) on brians wall. I think i covered an entire wall after a few years... lol funny.
amanda- i totally remember the cookie incident. little did we in laws know at the time, but you never come between kevin and his treats!! not even if they are in the cupboard above the microwave and old and moldy! and me goofy? what you talkin' 'bout willis?

Steve D. said...

I have an early high school memory of hanging out with you at our Stomp out in football field right before our senior year at Alta. It was the first time I talked to you. I remember how nice and funny you were, and I remember feeling priveledge to know someone so popular.

briana said...

how about that one day at the cc when baylor yelled out that one line from that one movie? i was mortified to say the least! and there you were laughing and trying to hide a smile yet not judging me. and then we realized that the line came from the movie shrek and it was confirmed that the comment was innocent and that i was not some ghetto mom you just met caring for other people's children!

briana said...

or...for a few more cause i think this is a fun post ~

how about those pizza nights at your old house (sniff, sniff) with the beloved black drink over reality tv? or tearing apart your kitchen and pantry then afterwards making our famous tuna, grilled cheese or cheesy rice and sitting in the front room discussing how we would, should and could solve all the world's problems? remember the birthday you had jury duty and i called your mom to make a favorite cake which let's be honest was nowhere near as good as hers? (i KNOW she thought i was ceraaaaazy!) i remember finding out weeks apart that we were both prego and then running into each other at cottonwood mall (fetal foto) and finding out both of us tomboys were having girls! and then, i remember you holding a gun to my head forcing me to buy everything size 0-6 months! hmmmm? how bout that?

Jen said...

My first memory of you was meeting at the Peter Breinholt concert while Brian was on his mission. I must have met you before, because I knew who you were, but was kind of embarassed to go up and say "hi". Silly me! That's the whole memory - we didn't even chat.

Macdonalds said...

I remember seeing you at the Swanson's often and thinking you had a fantastic smile. I have since then been able to enjoy some great humor to go with it. I later found out you were responsible for most of the yummy food at those occasions too. Oh,and I am jealous of your craft skills!

Merilee said...

My earliest memory of you was actually a long time ago before you were "in" the family. I think you were dating my old neighbor, Nate Demars? My friends and I were all over there hanging out. One of my friends was SOOO mad that you were there, because she had a total crush on Nate. haha. I don't know why I just remembered that.
I am so glad that you married Brian. You are so fun, and I am glad that we have connected more through this blog world!
Oh and I remember thinking what perfect skin you had too..just like Liz said. You do have great skin, I'm jealous. :)

Michelle C said...

I'll have to think more about this one, read up in my journal or something, but I do remember the hours we spent writing our story about kids who shrunk into the size of Barbie dolls. Do you remember that? I actually came across it the other day and thought about finishing it. Then I remember a few carpooling rides to UVSC and you would always play Indigo Girls. I got their CD because of you. Funny.

Rachelle said...

I'm glad you found our blog. Now I really have to get going and keep it up. I remember at girls camp when we talked about our crushes and we decided to call them "Nobody". Later when we got back.... you left me a note that said 'Nobody loves you".

Brooke said...

I remember when...
... we had a sleepover at your house and you made cinnamon tortillas and I thought they were fab. And you told me a story about your younger brother gave hallucinations about rats when his blood sugar got too low (or high?), and I felt so bad for him!
... I was so envious you got to go to goalie camp one summer. I sucked at goalie, lol.
... in junior high, we (you, me, Sasha, Brooke, Nick, and Lori maybe) were totally into Beverly Hills 90210 in junior high and labeled each other as characters from the show. I was Andrea, because I was nerdy with glasses and brown hair, lol.

Becky said...

Melanie
I don't have a specific memory, but I do remember birthday parties for Heather's kids, getting to see ya'll and catching up on life! It's so funny how life goes by too fast!

Heidi P said...

I thought I already commented on this post! I guess I thought about it then didn't ever type it!
I remember being at Aimee's house, and a bunch of us were all chatting in her room, and I just remember you talking and being so funny. And thinking how pretty you were- and didn't have to wear any make up! :)

We are going to have to get together-- now that we 'chat' so much on blogs, it would be fun to see everyone again! I don't even remember the last time I saw you. Glad to be blogging with you :)

aimee said...

One of my earliest memories is when we were driving out to 49th street galleria to reserve something for a dance (in my awesome red geo) and i had indigo girls playing and i found out you were a fan as well, we sang our hearts out---friends ever since :)

Allman Roca said...

I remember going to Jr. Prom in your same group. You were so pretty and had gorgeous hair. I think my friends were severely threatened by you. You were a threat. Pretty, smart, funny and so nice. I always thought you were such a genuine person and I still think that.
Cheryl