Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The day that came too soon

There are moments in life that are thrown upon you. Moments that you knew would happen to you eventually but are suddenly thrust upon you with tsunami-like force, leaving you speechless thinking, "Wait! That was not supposed to happen yet!"

One such moment has arrived for me.

This is the jar:

The jar that I couldn't open. Try as I might, I couldn't open it.



This is my son. My 9 year old son. My nine year old son who took the jar out of my hands and OPENED IT. Smooth and easy. Like butter.


Maybe I couldn't open it cause my hands were too wet. Or greasy. Maybe it was the lotion on my hands. Maybe it was because I am sleep deprived. Maybe my body is still physically exhausted from labor a mere six weeks ago. Maybe I wasn't even trying.

But it happened and suddenly I feel like I might as well order my polyester pants suits and stock up on brooches and order my rascal scooter, because my senior citizen discount is right around the corner.


7 comments:

Heather said...

i'm laughing out loud so hard right now!!! seriously i'm glad i have a friend like you..
when are we getting together???

Sarah said...

Lol! Way to go Jonas. I always knew you had it in you :)

briana said...

wow, what a stud! ;)

Merilee said...

Thank you, thank you. I So needed a laugh today, and I am dying laughing about this.
I am sure it's just a combination of all those reasons you listed. haha

Ashley Rae said...

LOLOL!! Holy crap. That is hysterical.

I'd blame your greasy fingers.

But go ahead and buy some polyester pants. I hear they're quite flattering.

p.s. go ahead and boycott Hawaii. You have every reason to hate me, since I went there twice. In 3 months. I'm used to being hated because of it, actually. lol

Macdonalds said...

That is too funny!

mrsmckracken said...

Mel, you are the reason I love the internet. Stories with a smile, that's the way we like it. By the way, I think our bodies are just falling apart, that's the answer right there.