Saturday, July 25, 2009

evidence

I haven't had a professional picture taken of my kids. ever. Well, Jonas had an experience at Kiddie Kandids when he was 8 weeks but I hardly call that professional. I have just always hated those posed shots and cheesy props. They never represented my life. Never really captured my children, who they really are. So I just figured I would try to do it myself.
Only I suck.
So I have been really wanting someone else to come step in and capture my new little man. Brian's cousin, Merilee is a fabulously talented photographer and she agreed to brave coming to our compound to capture my child.And she did.
beautifully.
perfectly.
honestly.
She captured my baby who is only going to be this tiny thing for a second. She froze him for me, giving me proof that he was here, sweet and silent once... because if he is going to be anything like Caleb, I am going to remind myself of that.
Every. single. day.

Next up? family pictures. I need to provide my children's children with proof that I actually existed. No one has seen that photographic evidence.
The hard part will be coaxing Merilee back and convince her that my children can all behave together at the same time long enough for her camera to catch it. I can't even convince myself that's possible.

8 comments:

briana said...

how exciting! merilee did a great job! i can't believe how big he is! :( time to go shopping for frames!

Merilee said...

OK, this just about made me cry. No, not at the thought of doing your family photos ;) (which I will do anytime) You just have a way with words. Our kids really are only little for a second, and we forget so quickly how small and innocent they are. I am glad I was able to capture some of that for you! Thanks for letting me. He is beautiful (you can say that about boys when they are babies)

Sarah said...

That is one stinkin' cute baby!!!
One cute baby that I really REALLY need to meet... and hold!
Love the pics!
Merilee did a great job... she always does.

Ashley Rae said...

ok. He is just beautiful. Perfect. Makes me a TAD bit baby hungry. But not enough to actually get pregnant. She takes great pictures!

mrsmckracken said...

There are two people in the world a woman needs most...a good hairdresser and a great photographer. And I just noticed we really can't do either of those jobs for ourselves. It makes life so happy when you find the right one. Love!

Heather said...

he is beautiful. truly. i love him. i miss holding him. ohh i need to come back!!! :) she did a fantastic job~ they look awesome.
lets chat soon.

miss you.

heath.

Jen said...

those turned out SOOOO good! good job, Merilee! and I think we may get a chance at individual family photos when we get the big family one next month. Daniele's sis-in-law may do it and be willing to get individual families as well.

Val said...

I love the pics. So innocent and sweet. Nothing more percious in life than our babies. I need to meet this little man.
I have gotten really emotional when I look at pics of little ones recently. It always reminds me of the blessing it is to be a mother. Your cousin did an amazing job! Can't wait to see the family pics. No one likes them taken, but you'll never get the time back to capture the moment again. That is why my child has 1,000's of pics of him. Do you think I am going a little overboard? Maybe:)