I grew up in a family that didn't drink caffeine. Like, ever. So obviously, I didn't drink caffeine. But then I became a teenager, and that nagging, instinctual feeling to rebel started pumping through my veins like adrenaline and I had to appease the feeling. Drugs? nope. Drinking? no. Boys? noooo. My rebellion took form in the smooth, sweet, tasty goodness that is:

From the first can, I was in love. Unconditional, deep and passionate love. Dr pepper became a staple for me through classes at school, camping, and all nighters with friends. It became the only drink I purchased. And soon all that Dr. Pepper swam it's way to my butt. I saw that this love wasn't healthy for me. So I turned my attention to this little baby:

And it was goooood. Really good. I started buying it by the 2 liter and keeping it stocked in my garage. I would sneak in there in the morning and pour myself a glass and chug it like an addict. Then it replaced my nightly giant ice water.
Recently, I have realized that my love affair for the carbonated and caffeinated are not something I should continue.
I am breaking up with them.
All of those carbonated drinks.
But it's not them, it's me; and my addictive nature.
And I will always love them.
If you see them, will you tell them that for me?
Recently, I have realized that my love affair for the carbonated and caffeinated are not something I should continue.
I am breaking up with them.
All of those carbonated drinks.
But it's not them, it's me; and my addictive nature.
And I will always love them.
If you see them, will you tell them that for me?
8 comments:
I must do this too.... but my will power isn't strong enough just yet to completely cut them out.
I need to work on that.
I'm happy for you though. And hope that someday soon I'll be following in your footsteps.
seriously you & bri are killin me..... what will we dink on our GNO.... no water for me, sorry girls!!! :)
good luck!!!!!!! :)
may the good dr. rest in peace. and may i lose the first 15 without trying! lol!
I lost 10 pounds when I cut my DC and DP habit. I still cave occasionally but it gets easier. Good luck!
I just remind myself, water is better for me and won't go to my thighs.
* there are a ton of short sales-there's nothing short about them. they need a lot of work and take months to hear back, but you can offer whatever you want.
www.utahrealestate.com/880994
www.utahrealestate.com/893685
www.utahrealestate.com/888161
Oh man, DP, that lovely drink :) I too started caving to soda once I was old enough to buy it (ultimately that is what our non soda buying parents did to us right?!) and went crazy. So good luck to you...you can do it!
Maybe this will help. Jeff had to quit his DP obsession a few years back when he was having stomach problems and couldn't figure out why. I promptly showed him the can of DP and said, "No wonder your stomach hurts, this is made with PRUNE JUICE. That's why it's so sweet." But it IS so sweet.
oh man. Congratulations. And good luck. Justin has tried to quit the juice (aka Dr.P, red bull, etc- basically anything with caffeine) countless times. Starting again tomorrow, he says. I just sit back and laugh. He he.
Good, good, gooooood luck!!!
ah, man, it's crazy how it can sneak into your life! At first it was just for an occasional headache, but now those "headaches" come more often, I must admit. I need to stop, too!
Post a Comment