Thursday, January 14, 2010

a matter of time



The other day, Hailey had a friend over and they were in my craft room making cards. I could hear from where I stood in the kitchen the little girl reading Hailey's card (made for me, her dearest mother) out loud:

[little girl] "I love you and you are... what does that say?"



[Hailey, very nonchalantly] "crazy."

[little girl, surprised] "Your mom is crazy?"

[Hailey, spoken with great exasperation] "You have no idea."



I knew it would be a matter of time before my little secret got out.

7 comments:

Heather said...

seriously??? i guess we are all crazy then!!!! :) you gotta love them~

love ya!

Ashley Rae said...

Hahahaha! Awesome. Purely awesome.

Sarah said...

Oh that is just the funniest thing I've heard in a few days! Serisouly makes me laugh. Out loud. Hailey's got it right on :)

Merilee said...

I love it! That is so funny! I don't think I have seen the crazy you. You are so mellow whenever I see you. :) I think I need to meet this crazy Melanie.

Michelle said...

Too funny! She's so cute!

briana said...

You've raised an honest daughter...just sayin.

mrsmckracken said...

Crazy is the new 40.