Friday, August 13, 2010

today

I don't feel like blogging.

I don't have anything interesting to say (I am warning you upfront).

My husband has worked 56 hours the last 72 hours (that equals 3 days in case you weren't aware. And if you didn't know that, you probably dropped out of elementary school to join the circus. I hoped that worked out for you!) For those of you who aren't math geniuses, that leaves 16 little hours; just over 5 hours a day. I have kindly allowed him to use those to sleep. When he slept in until 6 accidentally on purpose this morning and rushed out the door to work, I wanted to cry for him.
And a little for me.
I mean, he is not even a Dr. (which would be a nice improvement on the meager salary) And there is no such thing as overtime pay when you work for yourself. (no fair!)

But children were already squawking and that meant time to suck it up and move on.

Later we went to get out of the house and the car wouldn't start.
Battery was dead.
I was not sure which child left the interior lights on so I couldn't decide who to blame.

We decided to go for a walk.

It was too hot.

The small child in the stroller decided to scream.

So, we went home and played in the back yard.

The same small child played in the ashes in the fire pit.

I bathed him, and cleaned up the kitchen from the breakfast mess I had decided to neglect this morning. Then I messed it all up again to make lunch.

I ordered more syringes and other supplies, and gagged at the cost of diabetes.

I was tempted to cry again.

But I sucked it up to play candy land.

I lost.

I texted the husband and asked him when he was coming home tonight.

He didn't know.

Just in case you don't know, I don't know in a marriage is usually code for something bad.

There is no chocolate in my house.

My shins are sore.

I need a hair cut.

And a lot of money.

That is all.

7 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Uh... sounds like you need a vacation. If I were really really rich, I'd pay for you to go on one. Maybe when my band makes it big and famous (and my husband is so certain it will), I will send you to Hawaii. Until then... find some chocolate. When desperate, I've resorted to chocolate chips or even chocolate cake mix. Mmmmm

briana said...

when you stopped texting i wondered where you went, oh blogging. it's all good.

i would come kidnap you tonight, but then i would feel guilty cause you haven't seen your husband for days.

i would come kidnap you tonight, but then i would feel guilty cause i would just take you to eat cheese fries and fry sauce.

i would come kidnap you tonight, but then i would feel guilty cause i would take one step in your house and see that you spent the day cleaning while my kids spent the day trashing.

i would come kidnap you tonight, but then i would feel guilty but come to think of it i could get over it really quick.

call me if you wanna.

it's on me.

sweet tomatoes.

come on, you know you wanna.

mrsmckracken said...

Oh dear. Nothing like single parenting to show you what you're really made of. I love the stuff you're made of. It makes me happy that other people get cranky sometimes, too. :)

Merilee said...

Oh man. I'm sorry, I know all to well what that feels like, and what "I don't know means"
Hope he's able to slow down soon.

Macdonalds said...

I hope you get more time with your hubby soon! I love your honesty! You are stronger than you think and I admire the fact that you even make time to sit and play candyland when you'd rather hide in your closet and take a nap or indulge in chocolate!

Marian said...

Go get that hair cut. Getting a hair cut always makes me fee better about everything. Even though it doesn't change much.

Heather said...

xoxo
missed reading your blog!!!!