lots of "No's" and "Stop that's" were uttered.
It continued after the kids were gone and finally reached the climax with one giant "I don't like you, Mom", followed by a dramatic exit of the room.
Porter and I continued our routine of me following him around and cleaning up the messes he leaves with every step he takes.
After a few minutes had passed, the four year old made his re-entrance tentatively, with a frown on his face.
I opened my arms for a hug.
The frown melted, the hug was reciprocated.
Then he said,
"Mom, can we still be best friends?"
To which I answered with one giant hug,
one even bigger kiss,
and a very firm yes.
4 comments:
treasure those moments!!! :)
This makes me want a boy. Girls are full of WAY too much drama. At least mine is.
it's when they utter those words that you know you are doing something right. and when they come looking for love that you are reassured.
So sweet! Hayden does this too.. he will get SO mad at me, and storm off only to come back and apologize "for acting like that" a minute later. I swear sometimes my kids are more mature than me!
Post a Comment