
(I took one single picture and yes, it is blurry. I am careless like that.)
Today:
The backyard, when we moved in:

Today:
We have made a few improvements:
Black shutters
Black doors
Window grates
A garden
Cutting down a massive tree
A basketball hoop
Crown molding in the library
New door nobs
Trees
Bushes
Stupid solar landscape lights
When we got our first home, I remember it took months for it to feel like ours. It took months for me to feel like when I am sick, that it was the place I wanted to hole up in.
But this home felt like home the first moment we stepped in it.
It wasn't the perfect home, it was just ours and I knew it. I love it for that fact. Sure I would love it if I could do my laundry in my house instead of in the garage, and I would like one more bedroom, and I wish that my fake wood floor was real wood, and that I had a fireplace...
But I don't really care about any of that,
because I have a kitchen to cook for my family in,
a kitchen table to sit around and eat and talk and laugh.
a bathtub to fill with chubby babies and bubbles and toys and laughter.
And a garage to park my car in to protect it from the evil white stuff. To keep my hands thawed and my scrapper buried in the trunk.
I still walk in and love it for all it's perfect parts and all it's imperfect parts.
It's just ours.
Happy anniversary home!
6 comments:
Your happy to have a garage to protect your car from "the white stuff".... we would be happy to have a garage to protect our car from the bad guys. Be happy you live in UT :) ha haa
How fun to see what your house looks like. That pine tree must have been a bugger to cut down. Happy Anniversary little home =)
Evil white stuff. I can totally relate. This is the first place we've lived in our 8 years of marriage where we have covered parking. I loathed scraping my car off every morning before work. But no more!
It's a very cute home with very green grass. Congratulations and happy anniversary.
love it!! now i want a tour of the inside of your house!!! i love the shutters.... looks so cute. WHAT the heck those tress were huge! who cut those suckers down?? or why did you cut them down????
Because I am me and I am selfish, I'm shocked that you didn't add "lovely fall wreath with ribbon" that some super fun, exciting and crafty friend gave you hanging on the front door! Ha ha. Just kidding. But seriously...Congratulations and I happen to love your little home and all you people in it!
Your house is so cute and what a great backyard! I'm so happy for you guys to have a home of your own again. I can't believe you've already been there a year! Cross your fingers for me that we will be able to get one too...someday...
Post a Comment