It started with Tarzan when was 2. We watched that movie every single morning. Then he would run around showing off his best Tarzan yell and commence
Then he turned 3. And Buzz Lightyear entered his life.
His whole second year of life was filled with Buzz-isms.
I would ask him to clean his room and I would get, "Not today, Zurg!" as a response.
Everything was to infinity and beyond.
He was Buzz for Halloween and every day after. He wore the costume out. (And for the life of me, I cannot find any photographic evidence of this.)
Then he turned 4. The first half of the year was spent casting spells.
Instense cries of "Stupid-fy!" and "Cavada Cadava!" were heard all hours of the day. He went through several pairs of glasses. Harry Potter was a joy to have around.
Then superheros entered our life. Particularly Spiderman.
Spiderman (and peter parker) became his world.
He went to bed every night praying to be bit by a radio active spider, only to disappointedly announce every morning that he could not yet climb walls.
About two months ago, Caleb was introduced to his newest identity:
Indiana Jones.
Indie is strong. He is brave and he has completely taken over our lives.
I love him.
He can be a little embarrassing in the grocery store cursing the Russians or the Nazis when someone is in his way or he doesn't get the candy he is begging for, but other than that he is a delight.
I love Caleb.
and I love all his personalities.
I love the life it infuses into our home.
And I cannot wait to see who is next.


4 comments:
OMGSH!!! i am dying over how cute he is!!!!! the funny thing is.. garrett is doing the same thing. one day buzz, then a pirate, now we are BATMAN right now!!! LOL:)
we miss him :)
reminds me of a little boy named baylor. i don't think i will ever be able to part with the costumes because of the memories i've attached to them.
i will 2nd sarah-we LOVE him! more than you of course...duh i commented 3rd...
He's so cute!
Post a Comment