Friday Jonas walked home from school and walked in the door his face bright red, sweat streaming down his face. His back pack was on his front instead of his back. I asked him if he was
OK... he grinned at me and dropping his back pack with a loud thunk he said, "ya." I said, "Let me see your back pack." I was looking for letters home to parents, homework, his planner... the usual. He told me casually that he found a rock for his collection. When I got a hold of his back pack I could barely lift it. What the heck is in here Jonas? I unzipped it to find his new rock:

A huge chunk of asphalt. THAT WEIGHED 18 POUNDS.

"Um... Jonas that's not a rock, that is road.... How did you carry this all the way home?
Beaming with pride, he said, "It was really heavy, but it's perfect for my collection!"
It has sat in the corner of his room all weekend,but when he gets home from school today it will have mysteriously disappeared. He will be upset, but for real, an 18 pound chunk of asphalt? I am not
that cool a mom.
My question today, does your kid have that annoying thing they like to hang onto that needs to find it's way into oblivion?
18 comments:
Haha..that is awesome. Will loves to collect rocks too. I find them everywhere...Pockets, backpack, BED, car, washer...But never that huge. That is pretty cute of Jonas.
My grandpa used to make jewerly out of rocks, I told Will that so now he finds them and tells me he's going to make me a ring...I haven't seen it yet though. :)
not my kids. apparently you need to read "the book"! i am sure there is a chapter for kids and their collections. be greatful it wasn't a street sign.
LOL. I can't believe he carried that home!
Hayden loves collecting rocks, and sticks. He has to keep his collection outside though. :)
OMGosh, he's determined, huh?!
18 pounds? That is hilarious. Lizzy also likes to collect rocks... but just small ones... that I throw out the next day and she forgets about. However... her grandparents started feeding this little obsession by bringing her rocks from different places they visited. Like Canada, Wyoming and I am thinking... are you serious? Do you expect me to hang on to these rocks? I tossed them out to... but I feel pretty guilty about it because they went to a lot of work to bring them for Lizzy. So far they haven't asked and Lizzy hasn't asked either.
I can't believe he still has that collection. That is some serious determination to bring home a rock that size. I don't even think I could have walked home with that thing in my bag. Way to go, Muscles!!
18 pound rock?? Seriously. Haha. Luckily Kennedy is a bit too young for that collection thing. Although she's definitely a little brat, sometimes- but maybe that's just a 4 year old girl thing...
Charly calls our nasal aspirator (or snot sucker, if you will), the "Bugar". It is her absolute enemy when it is in someone else's hands and her snotty nose is the target. However, every night, as she does her cribside "role call", she has to have "her Bugar" alongside her monkey, puppy, Clifford, and blankie. It's a love-hate relationship for sure.
I have missed you!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe i even missed out on that cute book you did... will you make me one p l e a s e!!!
Jonas is a crack up. My mom just loves you & loves reading your blog so much!!!
lets talk soon
xoxo
i got both of them back yesturday.... still problems though!!!!!! i have three different accts with Qwest now!!!
Holy ?@*&^%%* it has beeen a nightmare!!!
So funny!!!! C.J. has a rock collection and when I saw this I thought C.J. would do this exact same thing. I find small rocks in his pockets all the time.
Impressive display of strength on his part. My Aubs always want to keep her old dead bugs.
laughing...love making things disappear and when they ask...saying I have no idea where that went.
That's a lot of determination to carry that home, wow. I hope he won't miss it. Gavin has a rock obsession. At least that one won't be going into your dryer. I kept finding rocks in my dryer, then I discovered he was putting them into his pockets(they are getting bigger now too). I used to wonder where all these little rocks were coming from when I would find them on the floor...and in Max's mouth. Silly boys.
That ROCKS!! That is so funny. We also have random collections starting at our place. But, our collections are usually growing in the cup holder in the back seat of the car. I don't realize that the chicken nugget collection is there until the stink takes over my car! Gotta love these kids.
That was so funny to see him bring that in last week! What happened, though? I saw it on the front porch and told Elton the funny story...it didn't get very far. I think he'll see it. :)
I have a whole collection of rocks on my front porch. My kids know better than to drag them inside - it's the kiss of death!
That is hilarious! Jackson is yet to start collecting things, although I have him terrified of germs so anything he brings indoors I'll just let him know that it's covered in germs. That should keep things out for a while :)
Post a Comment