What kind of mother takes her kids to their first carnival and doesn’t bring the camera?
The kind who didn’t feel up to taking her kids that day, but goes out of motherly duty.
What kind of mom lets her kids run around carnival without their shoes in the sticky mess of spilled sno cones and cotton candy?
The same kind that takes her kids to their first carnival and doesn’t bring the camera.
What kind of mom goes to the carnival and lets her kids eat nothing but cotton candy and sno cones?
The same kind that lets them walk around shoe less.
What kind of mom doesn’t bring wipes for her sticky faced children?
The same kind that lets them eat nothing but sugar.
What kind of mom puts her kids in time out right upon arrival home?
The same kind that lets her kids eat nothing but sugar.
What kind of mom then reads the shortest story possible at bedtime so she can just tuck them in and have a little peace and quiet?
The kind of mom who didn’t want to take her kids to the carnival but goes out of motherly duty.
Children happy. Motherly duty fulfilled.
ps... my next blog post is my 100th! any post/celebratory ideas for such a special occasion?
9 comments:
I can't believe your one of those moms! :)
Oh boy! I'm sure that was crazy, taking 3 kids without Brian. Was this a ward party? Ours is tonight. It's cowboy-themed, so that should be special.
For your 100th post you could write 100 reasons you love hearing our wonderful comments, and why you love all of us so much :) I'm sure you couldn't survive without us! (har har)
I had no idea...can I come next time? I dinner of cotton candy and sno cones is right up there with the brownies and ice cream Max and I shared for dinner the other night while Gav stayed at grandma's house.
once you figure it out i will just copy you cuz i's be gettin close myself to that 100th bloggity blog.
hi this is joe newmans wife emily i found your blog from amandas, hope you dont mind. my blog is emnacnud.blogspot.com if you want to visit you are welcome.
i just had to say it is nice to hear when other moms have days like that, it help when you see some one you look up to have a day like you do, it gives me motivation to keep trying to get this mom thing, a day at a time.thanks for sharing.
I think you did exactly what a good mom should do! I know all of us mother's out there have said at one time or another that we would never be that mom. But then you see that sometimes it is okay to let your kids do all those messy, gross things because it makes them the happiest kids in the world. You're such a cute mom!
As far as your 100th post goes, I think you need to get some kind of giveaway going on, you know, to reward all of your thousands of fans out there:} But seriously, I LOVE giveaways. And you are so artsy and all, share the love! I'm all about interactive blogging these days. If you do it, I will totally send people to your blog!! Sweet.
Did you post your giveaway poll before or after I posted??? I didn't even notice it there. We are so on the same wavelength.
MAN!! I don't know what happened?! My feeds wasn't working on your blog-- lame.
Funny I live by your BF! :) Small world. Stop by next time your out!
100th post-- have you done your 100 things about you? I don't remember...
Okay, you hardly know me, it's Joe Newmans little sister Michelle. I stumbled across your blog from Nick Parks and was looking for sarah. I started reading and found myself laughing out loud. You are so funny! Thanks for letting me peak in on your life. . don't worry I am not a dangerous stalker!
Post a Comment