I got told twice last week, that a recipe of mine was good.
I liked that.
Mostly because I am not a fabulous cook, and it made me feel like I was.
"I made your chimichangas last night; they were delicious."
I love that when someone compliments me on my recipes.
I say thank you, but really all they are doing is complimenting on my ability to find a tasty recipe and follow it's directions, feed it to my family, find out that is is tasty and send it along to the next person.
It's rare that you actually compliment the person who created the recipe.
But I take credit all the same. And so do you, you know it!
You also know you want the infamous recipe, so here ya go:
Oven Fried Chimichangas
2/3 C. Salsa
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
2 cups cooked chicken or beef
2 cups (or more if you have an addiction like me) shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped ( I omit these all the time if I don't have them on hand)
6 - 12 flour tortillas
2 T. butter, melted
Mix salsa, cumin, oregano, meat, cheese and onions. Place 1/2 cup mixture in the center of tortilla. Fold opposites sides over the filling, then roll up from the bottom up and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, until golden.
Garnish with additional cheese (because there isn't such a thing as too much cheese) and green onion.
Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Make it, eat it, love it, pass it along, and take credit for it! You know you want to...
4 comments:
now would you look at that? i am the first to comment. how in the gee gad wah did that ever happen?
chimis? cheese? SICK. i tell ya. what is wrong with you?
that is a load of crap that you think you are not a great cook... hello, you are your {mother's} daughter aren't you???? end of story. everythig you make is heaven. so i can't wait to try this!! has your mom already made her famous pies for everyone???
miss you.
I always love a new recipe---thanks. Maybe one day I'll feel like cooking again ;).
Mmmm! My favorite! We love this one around here :)
Post a Comment