Tuesday, November 18, 2008

gratitude post: a little peace

I know I promised to stop writing the V word (vomit) and I still have every intention of doing so, I am just waiting for my body to stop along with me. My kids have grown very comfortable with me and the V word. It has become quite a commonplace occurrence around the house. There is nothing alarming to my children to walk in the bathroom to see me over the toilet losing some meal. They Usually try to begin a conversation about their day or something funny they saw on TV all the while with their mom gagging and faintly nodding her head...
and you are very welcome for the visual. Hey, I aim to please.
This weekend Brian was home (sort of) and upon our arrival home one evening I dropped everything I was carrying, telling him I had to hurry upstairs for a little one on one with le toilet. So, I was in there loosing something and I hear my kids following my trail up the stairs jabbering about something or other and one of them says, "Lets ask mom... blah blah blah"
For once can't I just throw up in peace? I grumbled silently to myself.
Then as the kids are reaching the door I hear Brian call up from below,
"Hey guys, don't go in there. Your mom is throwing up. Leave her alone for a minute."
To which there was a long pause then, "okay."

Thanks to my husband, I was able to, for once, throw up in peace.
I realize that is a very large contradiction in terms. But it felt like peace to me.

So today I am thankful for a husband who understands that sometimes a pregnant mom and her toilet just need to be left alone.

9 comments:

briana said...

here's to making it to the toilet, husbands who get it without ever really having to get it, kids who want to share anything and everything with us, and knowing there will be an end to the puking. i prefer the "p" word. the "v" word just doesn't cut it! oh and get all that puking over with boo, we got plans this weekend!

Heather said...

what can i say i loooove your posts.. thay make me laugh & i sure do need that! :)

Amanda said...

Last night when we were dropping off Grace I noticed that Brian mentioned a few times to your kids "Mom's not feeling well..." making sure that you get all the special treatment you deserve. I am glad he is taking good care of you, hooray for best friends!

Sarah said...

Im impressed, Mel.
It's very far and few finding someone who is thankful for anything that has to do with your "V" word.

BTW, I agree with Bri. I like the "P" word better. The visual is a little more accurate.

Merilee said...

It's funny the things we take for granted before becoming a mother. Going to the bathroom in peace...oh how I miss that.
I really hope you start feeling better soon!

Ashley Rae said...

HAHA! Yes, vomiting is bad, enough. But when you can't do it, in peace? Well, that's just about as bad as it gets.

Great hubby, you got, there.

Heidi P said...

I remember the good old days when we could do everything in the bathroom alone and actually shut the door and it stayed closed...I wonder when it will ever happen again.
I am glad you are finding joy in puking alone. That is a good person. :)

Macdonalds said...

You are so funny. Brian is so thoughtful. I miss my privacy, being an only girl I had a lot of it. I do get a kick out of Gavin asking if I washed my hands and when Max barges in and sits on the stool and makes 'pee pee' sounds and giggles(I hope he potty trains himself...I can dream for now). Gotta love kids!

Jen said...

yeah, kids just don't understand. I'm glad Brian was there - has that stopped them from coming in when he's not around? (Ha! I'm so sure!)