You know those times in life where you cannot possibly juggle everything on your plate? I know you do, we've all had them; chances are you are struggling with it right now. If you are not, good for you; and gear up. Your time will be coming shortly. Back to the point, I am in that phase of life and I have decided today that are some things I will deal with this weekend and some things I will drop. Here is my list.
Here are the things I am not willing to deal with today:
1. Throwing up. I have decided I am no longer going to do it. I am just waiting for my body to agree.
2. My kids room. It looks like the Toy and Clothing monster ate too much and blew chunks all over the room. I think I will just close the door.
3. My van. I can barely see through the sticky fingerprints on the back windows. There are little leaves, bits of paper, and little toys occupying space in every nook and cranny. And something smells very old. I don't want to know what it is.
4. The fact that Saturday used to be a fun day and instead is now the day where Brian has his marathon 8 hour class. Oh and then he has lovely 8 hour BYU games. (okay the game time is slightly exaggerated.)
Here are the things I am willing to deal with today:
1. Blogging. Hooray! I have never gone 2 weeks without blogging since I started, and I am determined to post way more often seeing as how I will no longer be sick. (see above)
2. Laundry! Maybe it is just that we are all on our last pair of everything, but I am getting it ALL DONE tonight if it kills me. And it just may.
3. The Christmas tree. I have got it up and going and I am determined to have it all finished tonight. Why so early you ask? Because I am not a decorator, and it takes a long time to put up all that crap and I am not about to put it up for a mere few weeks.
4. Crafting with Bri. We have lots of seasonal stuff stirring around in our heads and I am itching to finally finish a project.
5. Christmas shopping. Braving the malls? No, no no. I am not a shopper. I am talking about online shopping. Bless the people at amazon. Bless them and their free shipping.
Here's to you and all the balls you are juggling. May you be as successful at dropping some of them and turning a blind eye, as I have been.
11 comments:
I am happy to see you have your priorities in order! I say do whatever brings you some joy. Everything else will still be there later.
Way to go prioritizing. And it's good you're telling your body to stop throwing up. I'm sure it will listen. Immediately. And I'm happy you're blogging! I've missed the laughs. Because, clearly, the only time I ever laugh in life is when I read your blog. OR when I read the comments you leave on mine. See? You are needed in this blogging world.
It's good to see you're alive! Life just isn't the same without you in the blogging world!
...Only 28 more days until graduation! You can make it!!
Well put. Try to do it all and you will crash and burn and then nothing will be accomplished.
xoxo
ummm you forgot your other priority.... ME!!! :)
you know what i mean!!!!!
i pray blogging will come back to me! ;)
I have also realized by looking around me how much there is to be done. So I made a list of the most do's and am working on them. I can't imagine how much more complicated this juggling act is going to get once I have a little one!:)
I have also realized by looking around me how much there is to be done. So I made a list of the most do's and am working on them. I can't imagine how much more complicated this juggling act is going to get once I have a little one!:)
At least you have a good attitude :) Juggling is so hard! But you're really doing a good job at what matters most. Who really is ever going to notice what you haven't done and which of your children are ever going to remember it for the rest of their lives? Not one, of course! We all know what it's like to be pregnant and you're doing a fantastic job!!! We love you.
Nice going. Way to let stuff go. That is a hard thing to do. I finally let go of my car being clean. Fun crafting with Bri. Stop by if your here! Hope your feeling better! :)
at least you got your priorities straight. :) i don't care where i fall as long as i am in there somewhere. i am so happy we got to play today. can't wait until next saturday!
I love the idea of this list---life is so overwhelming at times. If you figure out how to not throw up while being pregnant let me know :)
Post a Comment