Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A plea to my husband

Dear Husband,
Please don't leave for work early. This morning as you were backing out of the driveway and I watched from the library window,  I knew I was in trouble.
You see, your baby likes you. No, loves you. And by love, I mean bordering on fatal attraction love.
And when you aren't here to say goodbye to him in the morning,
he can't recover.
You see the other day I realized just how much Porter loves you.
I got the realization when you walked in the door and he screamed "DA-DAAAAA!" and ran as fast as his undersized legs would take him.
Yes, this is the everyday greeting you are accustomed to but what i noticed was the look on his face, in his eyes.
I can only describe it as a the look A heroine addict would give his dealer.
Porter already spends half his day asking where daddy went, so if he doesn't lay his eyes on you in the morning he doesn't get his fix and we all pay the price.
Don't get me wrong, I know he loves me too, but I am keenly aware that I run a very very distant second.
I am like microwave popcorn.
And you are the movie theater popcorn. Fresh. With butter.

You see?
So my point is, its going to be a long day for us here at the homestead. So if you could just make a beeline for home, you would make one mom and one child very very happy.

With love,
your wife.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

HaHa Love the popcorn comparison! Good luck with today, I hope Porter get his fix soon:)

Heather said...

love that your back blogging again. i have missed you. i always love reading your stories..
hope brian did a U turn & came right home!!! :)

melanie33 said...

Heather -
don't i wish?! i am just shooting for before 7 tonight!

briana said...

oh how i can relate to this. it just makes the reunion oh so sweet!