Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy 50th to me!

I realized today, that this post will be my 50th post and due to the fact I have had case of writer's block lately, I figured I would celebrate post number 50 with 50 very random things about my life in no particular order... lucky you.
1. I cut and color my hair once a year... I don't know why but I never want to spend the money on it.
2. I am addicted to chap stick. and I am always buying it because I am always loosing it.
3. I am a member of the VLC club... and if you don't know what that is, then you are not alone.
4. A warm toilet seat really grosses me out.
5. I used to love Pauley Shore... and the movie Encino man. I think I saw it over 100 times. Sorry.
6. I still have hippie thoughts.
7. 10 years ago, I thought I would grow up and be a writer.
8. I am an organized messy person.
9. I have a devotion to Target. I love it deeply.
10. I have a very hard time crying in front of people. Even my husband.
11. I listen to music for the words. I love songs with lyrics that move me.
12. I don't like to take medicine.
13. I avoid people I know in stores.
14. I am AwEsOmE at tetris.
15. I think I am a nice person.
16. I can rarely say no to things.
17. I definitely don't delegate well.
18. I don't have my ears pierced.
19. I love truthful, honest things. Honest emotions in movies and photographs and writing will get me every time. Even if it is brutal like in Ordinary People.
20. There are days that I don't even look in a mirror.
21. I am a faithful Saturday Night Live watcher. Although it's not even funny this made me laugh last Saturday night
22. Watching men get hit in the crotch on America's Funniest Home Video never ceases to make me laugh.
23. I don't own a swimsuit and haven't in years.
24. I am so into Harry Potter that when book 7 came out. my husband and I got a babysitter and checked into a motel so we could read uninterrupted the whole weekend.
25. I can't believe I am only half way to 50.
26. I am a home body.
27. I love cooking and cleaning in the kitchen alone with my music.
28. I do not clean without music blasting.
29. I rely on my mom for too much
30. I wore tennis shoes with my wedding dress.
31. I am decorating impaired
32. My kids have total potty humor and it is in no way my doing.
33. I hope to have another daughter someday.
34. I have never had stitches or broken a bone.
35. I have never been comfortable with the way I look.
36. I use sarcasm way more that anyone should.
37. I turn the ac, heater, and TV volume to odd numbers only.
38. As I get older I find myself becoming more and more like my mother.
39. I love solitaire.
40. I love staying up late and talking to my husband in bed.
41. I almost always have a fine at the library.
42. I never buy cards. I love making them.
43. I think milk is disgusting.
44. I think time speeds up when you are on the computer.
45. You hear people in my religion say all the time that you chose your trials before... I don't believe this at all.
46. I love the smell of crayons
47. I wish I was an artist.
48. I have a very hard time with any kind of life change.
49. I tried to shave my head on my 19th birthday, but the lady wouldn't do it. I got a vey ugly buzz.
50. I have never written about myself so much in my life.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my heck I love that post!! Are you seriously kidding that you & brian checked into a motel to read Harry Potter... Mel that is why I love you! Who does that?? :)
Also I never knew that you tried to shave your head when you were 19!! Did you try to go to Brittney Spears hair dresser??? :)LOL

Hey, I posted pictures just for you!!:)

briana said...

ok, so i don't know what vlc is? do tell! way to go---here's to 50 more posts! (i think i knew just about all of those random facts missy!)

Heidi P said...

Awesome list-- do another 50! I love reading peoples 100. You should love the way you look, you are beautiful!
I love Target too. Way to buzz your head. That needs to be a flashback friday picture. You are hardcore.

Heather said...

Hey Crafty one! I need some ideas. I'm in charge of craft night & cooking night this month! What cute ideas have you been doing???
Leave me a note & help me out PLEASE!!!!!! Thanks.... like ASAP :) not to nag or anything! ;)

Ashley Rae said...

Oh my gosh. I love it. You are hilarious. I totally avoid people I know in stores, too. Haha. So many of these made me giggle.
And I thought we were obsessed with Harry Potter! You've won for biggest Potter fan, in my book.

This is a good list. Maybe I'll do one when I hit my 50... I don't think I'm close, luckily. Although, I'm not as interesting of a person as you are. I'd probably be able to come up with 3 things. ... hm... maybe only 2.

Jen said...

That was so much fun learning more about you, Mel - you've got some secrets! (or, I guess you HAD secrets :)

Dan said...

1. Encino Man is the coolest-but-not-that-cool movie ever. I think I watched it with you at least 2 or 3 times, and by myself another 50 times. My favorite quote. "Two minutes."

2. I avoid people I know in stores all the time. Especially if I'd have to catch up with them if they saw me. I think I even avoided you once. Sometimes you can't avoid them, so I've become a master of the "stare right through you" move, where you make it look like you were not focused on them and didn't notice them at all. This can be a devastating move for the person you stare through - I've had quite a few people perk up and start to waive only to realize that I was ignoring them (or, If I'm lucky, that I never saw them in the first place - the hope is that they'll think that I totally would have stopped and chatted it up with them if I had noticed them. Sure I still remember you, and you look so great after all these years, just like in high school! Even better, actually!). I'm pretty sure that this works.

melanie33 said...

Dan-
sorry for putting thru encino man more than once. My favorite quote is.... Mr. Morgan, if you're edged cuz Im weezing on your grindage just chill. cuz if i had the whole brady bunch thing happening at my house, i'd go grind over there. So don't tax my gig so hard core cruster.

BTW when I say I avoid people in the stores, i just turn the cart around and go the opposite way or suddenly find myself very interested in the toothpaste; not stare tight thru them. that is a dan move. totally makes me laugh that you avoided me once. i was probably avoiding you!