
So our 2008 anniversary was spent as planned... dinner and a movie. Dinner was good. The movie was good, but the movie theater expierience left much to be desired. Warning: you are about to read a complaint. If you do not want to read my petty complaint, just X out and know I had a nice anniversary, thank you very much.
Still here? Ok, you were warned... the last 2 movie going expierinces have been almost ruined due to a whole bunch of annoying people. They are:
#1- the parents who bring their 2 year old to a pg-13 movie that is too scary for them and they spend a good majority of the movie crying.
#2- parents who bring the baby (I am normally ok with this) and the baby cries and they don't take the baby out.
#3- people who have just decided that whispering takes too much effort and so they decide to just voice their thoughts throughout the movie to the entire audience in what could only be described as preacher style.
#4- teenagers. I do not even know why people complain about little kids when there are teenagers in the theater. We sat by a group of them who for some odd reason decided to stand up every five minutes and stretch. They also felt that whispering was overrated and went ahead and just let us all know what they were thinking, and it was never anything to do the movie.
#5- cell phone addicts. I mean why would someone sit and text someone the entire movie you just payed ALOT of money to go see?
#6- the tuff guy that is as sick of all the disturbances as we are but decides to stand up and yell at the annoying person and causes further disruption by instigating a fight.
These people should not go to the movies. I don't know why they do. I don't get why they aren't aware that they are really disrupting other people around them. I don't know why they don't just stay at home and bask in their annoyingness.
On the flip side, several things have improved at the movies. The seats are much better now with stadium seating; you rarely get your view obstructed by the abnormally tall person that decides to sit in front of you. Leg room has totally improved so the late comers can walk past you without breaking your legs. Reserved seating is awesome. I love that you don't have to go stand in line for an hour to get a seat. And the nasty artery clogging popcorn is still just as heavenly.
So I guess I will continue going to the movies a few times a year, but I decided next time, I am totally bringing a fully loaded super soaker to quietly and efficiently take care of those annoying people.
13 comments:
chunga totally went off yesterday about this same thing! so funE! as you know, i don't get out to the movies much anymore! so, when brady takes the kids i make him refill the popcorn and bring me some! hee hee
Happy Anniversary Brian and Melanie.
Stadium seating is the best! I can finally 'see' a movie. It's pretty dumb that so many people out there will pay that much money to sit and not watch the movie, I don't get it. *I am worried to see Twilight opening night because it will be filled with squealing teenage girls, but I don't want to wait to see it because then I will hear about the movie and don't want it ruined. At least you got out to a movie, what did you see and was it good?
Yeah, I'm curious too. What did you see? I really wanted to see the new Indiana Jones movie, even though I have heard from a few people that it isn't worth paying full price. I only see a movie in the theater about 2 times a year. Cody and I prefer redbox. Mostly due to the reasons you stated in your blog.
We saw Indiana Jones.. and I would say it was a B or B-? I mean it is an action movie so it is not likely to win any academy awards, ya know? I say it's worth a matinee price. Brian said it was a rental.
Totally hear you on the Twilight thing! I am still going to see it even thought the screaming girls will be unbearable.
Amen sista!!
My friend across the street never goes to movies & said exactly what you said.... needless to say she was pretty ticked off too!
She went to Indiana Jones as well & gave it a b- too!
You are so funny- I love it. Happy Anniversary!! For our anniversary we did pretty much the same thing. Nice that it gets less eventful as we get older, huh?
Some people that go to movies are so inconsiderate. One or two of them are usually attending the same showing I go to... but it looks like you got a whole bundle of them at once. Oh happy day. Was it still a good movie?
Oh- note to self: Start reading previous comments before posting your own.
Some people! GOSH! :)
It's crazy how what goes around comes around, because I really get annoyed with the teenagers at movies! They think they are so funny but they are so annoying. I confess, I was a VERY annoying teenager. My friends and I probably really ticked some people off unintentionally. So I try to cut them some slack. But, man it makes me feel bad about how obnoxious I used to be in middle school. ha ha
I'm all for the redbox now too. Especially with the movie prices going up again!
Mel,
The movie theater by me just started doing some of the movies where they will only let you in if you are 21 or older. They did this for Indiana Jones, so it is not just for R movies. That might solve most of your problems??? How are you? When are we going to get the kids together? I hope you had a great anniversary. Lisa
Dave and I saw the movie "21" in a theater that was only for people 21 and up- no disturbances, it worked out well.
I have all of those same complaints with the movies!!! It is good to hear that theaters are starting to have over 21 only, but I still think there are people over 21 I would love to shoot with the super soaker. I am glad that you had a nice anniversary!
I totally agree! Whats even better is if you've been to the movies with my dad. Hopfully he's not like this anymore but he would totally be like what you descibe as your #6. BTW do you remember going to see star wars when it first came out? Yoda ring a bell?
Post a Comment