This is the last full week of school for us. So today I have some major preparation for summer to do. Why? Because I desire my sanity. And with out a schedule of things to do, that sanity will slip away from me faster than water in my hands.So I am busying myself with:
1. Digging out all the pool gear.
2. Renewing my membership to the zoo.
3. Paying a gigantic fine at the library.
4. Restocking the bubble/sidewalk chalk bucket.
5. Refilling the art drawers. There will be a whole lot of cutting and pasting, I can promise you.
6. Finding a good naughty corner/chair/rug for all those time outs my kids will be receiving due to all the fighting they surely will be doing.
7. Scheduling playdates (anyone? anyone?)
8. Searching high and low for more summer activities.
So, what is on your agenda this summer?
6 comments:
Fun Mel! Our summer is going to be yard yard yard, maybe some boating in there...
I am going to set up a play date on fridays- I would love to meet your kiddos. I will post it soon :)
Yay no school!! (Well, for the kids anyway.)
You know I would be at your house everyday for a play date if I could! :)
~I'm trying to get the kiddos in swimming.
~Trying to fix my lawn that has horrible crab grass in it & nate killed half of my lawn trying to put weed killer on it.. ooh he was in trouble!! :)
~We will be in Utah in July.. I would love to see you! We will be doing Garrett's 1st birthday & Marlee's 5th birthday! Nate will be there for the 24th so lets get together!!
xoxo
I'm up for playdates! Hayden had so much fun with Caleb last time. Sorry I'm no help with your other two though.
This is probably a teacher thing, but having a theme each week or two - maybe heading to the library on Monday for a treasure hunt (finding books about that theme), then Tuesday creating some kind of art project, Wednesday maybe a movie about it, Thursday a field trip....I don't know. Probably a lot of work, but would give kids something to look forward to each day. Some theme ideas might be the Ocean (go to aquarium), Space (go to space ctr.), Zoo animals, Wheels, Birds (Tracy Aviary). You could probably find coupons on the internet during the summer.
Good luck!
Mel!I appreciated your comment on my blog. It feels like forever since I have heard from you. Sounds like your are a busy chick just like me.
I would love to get the kids together. Call me anytime, Callie still talks about Hailey. We dug out the prechool DVD the other day and enjoyed seeing how little Callie looked. Time goes by way too quickly. I'll keep an eye on your cute blog! Love it.
Cheryl
you can come hang with us anytime...seriously. lots of fighting going on here and we need lots of distractions. Lets hit the zoo together sometime.
Post a Comment