Confession: I am not a pet lover. I love animals. They are all cute and cuddly and whatever... But I am not a fan of having an animal reside in my home.I apologize to those friends that love their pets. I love your pets too, I just don't want them to live with me.
And by the way, not all pets are created equal. Their are some animals that I don't see me ever loving. Take the cat for example. Most of you know this about me. I don't get cats. I am very sorry to those of you who have your little kitten calenders next to your computers, but they are quite repulsive to me. They don't bathe, and generally, I stick with those living creatures that are on the opposite side of the clean spectrum. I am fairly solid on my rule of not associating with any sort of creature that considers licking itself an adequate cleansing.
Dogs. I do love dogs. But they stink. Quite regularly. And they chew things I would like to leave unchewed. They eat things like expensive pound cake from costco that you wanted to eat yourself. They lick you too much, and I like to limit my lickings. I had a dog, I loved him. He died and their will be no replacing him if I have any say in the matter.
So the point I am trying to reach is that my kids are deprived. They suffer from pet deprivation and are starving for animal interaction. But they are healing thanks to our current living situation. Due to circumstances beyond my control, we have chicks in our home. My kids see them as little furry balls of love given to them from Heaven. I find them loud, annoying, and extremely poopy. My kids have managed to love about half of them to death. Literally. They are no longer aloud to touch them, but rather watch them grow and later they will be aloud to go out to the chicken coop and gather their eggs. I am hoping this will be enough pet interaction for them, because it most assuredly is for me. And maybe this chicken business will solve their desires for a cat, because I don't think Hell ever really will freeze over.
7 comments:
I am totally with you about pets, especially cats. I find them pretty gross and a lot more work than I feel like subjecting myself to. Maybe when my boys are old enough to take on the responsibility themselves I will reconsider.
nice try closet cat lover! MEOW! just kidding. thank goodness we agree on this. otherwise, i am not sure i could come over to hang out. seriously, dislike them that bad!
today, although stressful toward the end was totally worth it and so much fun. reminded me of the old days. hope we didn't wreck things too bad! love ya!
Yuck! I totally agree about pets in the house. I don't mind them outside. Thank goodness Elton agrees. That's why we have a cow, 5 bunnies, and like a hundred chickens all outside, at a safe distance in the barn!
What!!! Chicks... who talked you into this one, Kevin???
I can't stand cats either. My kids want a pet so bad too but, I tried the dog thing for 24 hours & I couldn't do it!
Someday I keep telling my kids!!
But, chicks...... :)
Oh come on Mel, you loved my cat Rascal. Thankfully I have learned my lesson. I cannot stand to have the hair everywhere!!! Yuck!
Hey Mel-
I didn't know Brooke had a way to my blog. I can't believe you have an 8 year old. Cute kiddos. Did you see my family blog or just my "photo" one? The family one is chudfam.blogspot.com if you didn't catch that one. Anyway, give me your email and I'll email you more info on my life. :)
Post a Comment