Thursday, May 8, 2008

Very Random Ranting

My daughter owns more clothes than I do. I know that is not something to be proud of, but her clothes are a lot cheaper and frankly, she looks a lot cuter in them than I do. You would think that in all those drawers and inside that large closet that I could find one pair of pants without holes in them, but alas, I cannot. What is up with the manufacturing of pants these days? Are the knees made out of some sort of magical fabric that disintegrates upon human contact ? I mean she isn't doing any break dancing, or rubbing of rocks onto her knees or anything crazy. Seriously I bring them home, she wears them for a week. Then one day I pull them out of the dryer and she has a needle point sized hole in the knee and by the end of the day... bam. It's the size of Texas. A gigantic hole that screams out to the world, "Your mother obviously doesn't love you and the proof is right there in your pants!" The thing is I am tired of keeping up with the holes. I have decided to boycott purchasing pants! I am resigning my pride and allowing all those moms who love their kids enough to have them wear holeless pants to think what they will. To go ahead and let them know that I am a mother who is fed up with excessively inferior pants and I will continue to have my daughter wear shorts until someone makes a pair of fairly inexpensive sturdy pants...
either then or until fall. Which ever one comes first. Somehow I have a feeling it will be the ladder.

***Edited: Jonas came home after school with a hole the size of Cali in his jeans. There was no hole before school. He cannot say what happened either. Interesting how that always works.

4 comments:

briana said...

the torn look is in! i am in the same boat. we have had this discussion! come on warm weather....you cant put holes in the knees of shorts!

Heidi P said...

Man, sorry... I am not there yet. But I don't think clothes have to do with loving your kids :)

Jen said...

Hailey sure looks cute in that picture! Forget the jeans - kids will be kids. (Actually, the jean companies are just against us - they want us to keep buying their jeans as much as possible! hee hee hee)

Macdonalds said...

I am surprised Gavin hasn't worn holes in his jeans with the way he plays...well trips and falls. Andy's are another story, he always has holes. It will get really warm soon, hold out a little longer. Besides, I don't think holy jeans look bad-it just shows that your kids play and that's what they should be doing.