Am I old enough to have a son this big? Is my son really this big? Why did time suddenly decide to move quicker than I am ready for? I am not good with change, so any milestone is always secretly a bit sad for me but honestly, this one was nothing but sweet. Jonas was so excited, so ready and really so prepared. It was an amazing feeling to watch Brian and Jonas in the font. I was and am so proud of the two of them; who they are and the choices they have made to be the amazing men they are today!After the baptism, Jonas came out and sat down in front of me, just grinning his head off. He turned around and whisper yelled, "MOM! I'M PERFECT!" Very sweet moment. The rest of the baptism was basically a blur due to the terrible two year old monster that was present. He managed to be entirely disruptive about 75% of the time, which is pretty good for him. He only grabbed his crotch and spit on the floor once, so we were proud of him for that. We will take our victories where we can get them around here.
7 comments:
glad i got to be there! in a skirt no less. this will be me next month! time flies!
Congrats to Jonas! Time really does go too fast.
Aloha!!! that made me cry!! We are trying to figure out what to do today!! we are having so much fun! I don't want to leave..
Love ya
That is so sweet! I got all teary eyed. My baby turns three tomorrow I can only imagine how eight must feel. Congrats Jonas! What a proud mommy you must be!
*By the way, I tried your enchilada recipe yesterday and it was delicious!!! Andy and Max loved them too-Gavin has zero tolerance for spicy so he enjoyed some beans and rice after so kindly spitting out the first bite(apparently mild wasn't mild enough). Thanks for an awesome easy recipe!
cant believe jonas is 8. what an exciting day. i love hearing about caleb---2 year olds are fun :)
That was such an awesome day! Don't worry about Kaleb - we couldn't hear him at all (maybe that was because we were battling our own little wiggly worm). Hey! At least you're in your 30's when your first child turned 8! :)
So sweet... Kids make you realize how fast time goes. 2 year olds are great...I am sure it was fine :)
Congrats Jonas!
Post a Comment