Thursday, June 19, 2008

Interview with a husband

Me: I am going to ax you some questions for my blog, k?
Him: Uh, Why?
Me: Because I want to; get over it. K?
Him: Uh, oookkkaaayyy.
Me: So, What expression do I use way too often?
Him: Y'all. You use that waaayyy too much for me.
Me: What do I say or do that makes you laugh? I mean I know everything I say and do it hysterical to you, but try to narrow it down.
Him: (completely ignoring my comment) Your impersonation of my dad telling us boys what we are doing the next day.
Me: (nodding to myself because that is truly a good one), What do you believe comes easily for me?
Him: Making friends.
Me: What do you believe I struggle with?
Him: Being optimistic; giving yourself a break.
Me: (acknowledging that that is true) What's the longest we've ever talked on the phone?
Him: (laughing) All night.
Me: I have always just been so interesting, people struggle to let me off the phone. I get that a lot.
Him: (a big roll of the eyes.)
Me: Would I ever jump out of an airplane?
Him: (very quickly) NO.
Me: What was it that really attracted you to me? Besides my glamorous appearance?
Him: Your sense of humor. How you are very laid back.
Me: Was it love at first sight or a friendship that blossomed?
Him: Depends on who you ask... (glaring at me)
Me: I'm asking you, fool.
Him: Love at first sight, then.
Me: Ya! You better believe it!!
Him: (another big roll of the eyes)
Me: Ok... that's enough... I will not subject you to this torture any longer.
Him: OK.

Now if that is not riveting material I don't know what is! Seriously though... this was fun. Y'all should sit your spouse's down and ask them a bunch of random questions and post it. I would love to read it. So I guess this is a tag of sorts. You're it! And if you love me, you'll really do it. How's that for pressure?

11 comments:

briana said...

first of all, it is 6:57am. i know i am prolly the only freak that notices when people post. BUT, i love question and answer thingys. will do!

briana said...

oh, and tell bri, sniff sniff, that i mgghmmmm, am horribly offended that you use ya'll too much. sniff.

Heather said...

Mel I love it & I'm for sure doing it this weekend!! I LOVE IT! Way to go miss creativity!! :)

Bri it's o.k. that you say ya'll I think it way too cute!

Ashley Rae said...

Holy freaking cow. That is hilarious. Yes, I can see why he loves your sense of humor, you are one funny chick. Maybe I will do this, although I don't know if my hubby will succumb to such nonsense. (He likes to pretend he's above all that.)

Lisa said...

This sounds fun, I will have to try this with Chad once he is feeling better. You and Brian make me laugh.

Heidi P said...

I have noticed you are hard on yourself-- give yourself a break girl!! Us women have it hard enough- you are wonderful! (Well from what I know of you :) ) And what a great thing to be laid back, how would it be?...
Cute post.

Macdonalds said...

That was fun, maybe when Andy has a spare minute I will do the same. I hope the vomiting has ceased, that is awful!

Sarah said...

That was funny. I'll see if Cody can do the same.

Jen said...

That was cute. I'll see if I can get Elton to answer some questions. It won't be written as funny as yours! You are so creative!

Ashley Rae said...

Dude, ok. I know I already commented on this post, but I have to tell you how much I love your taste of music. I thought I was the only one who had heard of Missy Higgins. Because of your fabulous taste in music and all that is holy, you rock my world.

Merilee said...

That's a great idea. Loved it. Sorry I wasn't any help on ideas to combat blogger block. I was feeling a little blockage myself. :)