Thursday, June 5, 2008

What's up with me lately


Caleb here. I just thought I would try my hand at blogging and let you all know what I have been up to lately. Firstly, I have been really having fun annoying my mom in the picture department. I NEVER smile for her. I rarely will stay still and if I do, I make a face like the one above. Nice, don't you think? It cracks me up every time. It doesn't seem to have the same effect on her though. hmm. I've also been doing a lot of this:




It's a classic game of mine. It's called, "Dump out Entire Buckets of Toys, kick them around and wait until my mom cleans them up and do it over and over and over". You should see the look on my mom's face after I have done this 15 or 20 times; priceless. It is sooo fun. You should recommend it to any toddlers in your home.


Now, this is a game I kind of made up all on my own. See, my mom has this giant basket that she keeps all the kids shoes in. I love to go in there and pick out two mismatching shoes (I always make sure they don't belong to me) and put them on. Then I stomp around the house for a bit and leave them right in the middle of a walkway so people can trip. Also, for a good variation of this game, I put them on, clomp around a little, then hide them in a very obscure spot in the house. Then when Sunday morning comes, my whole family starts tearing the house apart looking for the one missing shoe. I just sit back and watch the chaos and laugh to myself. This is great fun.

Another new thing I have taken to, is to sneaking outside and opening the automatic sliding door on the van. (it's the only door I can open). Then I get inside and lock the doors. This is fun for a while to play around in the drivers seat, but the problem with this one is, I can't figure out how to unlock the doors. And I haven't yet figured out how to open the front doors so I get stuck. Then I have to sit and wait for my mom to realize I am gone. I keep trying this one out, much to my mom's protesting. I think my mom should just learn to lock the doors so I can't get in it in the first place. But I question whether or not she is smart enough to catch onto this.
See this?
My mom is really in love with this stuff. She is always using it. And I have been feeling a little guilty about all the games I have been playing, so I thought I would do something nice for her. I saw that she recently reorganized these items, and I thought she would love it if I helped her. So while she was in the shower, I dumped out all the buttons and mixed them up. That was fun and I am sure very helpful. Then I took this ribbon bag that she stores all her ribbon in and pulled out tons of ribbon. I think she really loved that. Then I saw these fun little salt shakers filled with glitter and I thought I would beautify her table by dumping the glitter onto it. I thought the whole thing was fabulous. I was so proud when she came out and saw my handy work. I think the tears said it all.

Well I better get going my mom is almost done cleaning up after me, and I know I am not supposed to be on the computer. Besides, I think I hear some shoes calling my name.
Much love,
Caleb

12 comments:

Heidi P said...

Wow, Caleb, you are a busy boy!? Next you need to hide food in your room so your mom doesn't find it until it stinks. And I hear markers are fun, too! :)

Hang in there Mel!! I had a sneak outer too. I got the flappy locks on the top of the door. They worked until he figured out to just get a stool. :) Good luck!

Heather said...

Caleb my love p l e a s e don't dump out mommy's buttons again I really think next time she won't give you a hug or a popcicle again!! :)

Oh my heck mel the buttons would have topped it off!! Look how cute his face is though!! :)
It was so good to talk with you! See you in july!!

briana said...

caleb: next time you are out picking up milk, stop by barnes and noble for the latest and greatest parenting book...there you will find where your mom gets her parenting ideas! ~briana

Amanda said...

Mel,
I think a girls night out is in order. You need a break from toddler life!

Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH!!!
I am crying for you, Mel, after reading that last paragraph about your buttons, glitter and ribbon. What a disaster that must have been. I still can't even imagine how it must have felt to see that. It's a good thing that disaster was made by your own child. That's the only way the culprit could survive.

Macdonalds said...

So sorry Mel! I'm dreading the day mine figures out how to reach and unlock the deadbolt. I hope you were able to survive and watch SYTYCD while the kids were in bed. You need some serious toddler free time asap!

Merilee said...

Oh wow! I am so sorry. I would have cried too! What a day. You definitely deserve a girls night out.
Hayden is figuring out how to undo the deadbolt and I am dreading the sneaking out.

Danielle said...

At least you can find humor in this....don't you just love the things kids do? It will drive you crazy like mine are driving me today. Good luck with the car thing. Ben does that all the time and I can't stand it. You need to email me b/c I have to ask you a question and don't have your email or a phone number...daniellezclayton@yahoo.com, wait I might have your email...so check it!

Michelle C said...

What a stinker! Good thing he's cute! :)

Lisa said...

I am laughing so hard. You poor thing. But as you know I think Tyler is turning into a Caleb too. Yikes for me!!!

Ashley Rae said...

LOL- you are so funny. I love your writing style... so creative.
This is hilarious... what an adventurous little boy. I'll bet that the only reason you've kept him alive is because he's so dang cute. Haha.
You need a break. Go on vacation. Leave all the kids with the hubby and just go. :)
Good luck with that.

briana said...

where are you?