Yesterday started off very well for me. Despite the fact I had been up quite a bit in the night with Caleb and his growing pains in his leg. I still felt rested. I showered and checked my email only to find out that I had won a HUGE box of goodies from this fabulous scrapper. I was so excited about this. Jonas wanted to get everyone breakfast himself, which was really sweet. I was able to work on girl's camp stuff for an hour before everything went down hill.
It wasn't long before the kids started fighting with each other and it never stopped. Bad, but it happens sometimes.
But then, after some phone calls, my to do list for Girls camp started growing. I got a hint of stress at this point, wondering whether I could get it all done by Sunday.
Then my mother in law, suddenly needing to go out of town, asked if I could cover the ward party this Friday for her, being that she is the only member of our activities committee. I started to feel real stress at this point.
Then some college student from Europe with such a thick accent I could BARELY understand her, knocked on the door and said she was an exchange student studying education here and the bishop sent her here to ask me a few questions about my elementary age kids. I was all, umm ok. So I invited her in only to find out she was SELLING something. And she went on and on and on. For and hour. And I wanted her to leave so I bought a children's dictionary that I don't need for 25$, that I shouldn't have spent. At that point I was stressed and annoyed at myself for not being able to say NO.
Then, the phone rang. It was a member of the bishopric. Asking me to speak in church this Sunday. I laughed. and laughed. and told him yes. Because that is something I won't say no to. But I hung up the phone and got the loveliest stress stomach ache I have had in a while.
And I woke up this morning and it's still there. Some how I know it will be there until Sunday. And I have no one to blame but myself. I really need to learn to say no.
9 comments:
Yikes Mel! I have the same problem and totally know what you mean. I still haven't found a way to turn people down-I always feel too guilty. I hope things calm down for you quickly. Good luck! I'm sure you will pull it all together, you are extremely talented like that!
Ahh! That is a lot to do. I'm feeling stressed just reading it.
What a scam that foreign exchange student is running! I can't believe she said the bishop sent her.
Oh an screening your calls does wonders.. ha ha. Good Luck.
Geez...Overwhelming-- I have the same sort of crazy list to do before my parents get home...It is stressful. Just prioritize things I guess, and yes, say NO! It takes a much stronger woman to say no sometimes, I think. Good Luck!!
Oh mel....
First off i'm sooooooooooooooooo jealous that you get a goody box from that lady{i can't look at her blog very often because i become a huge sinner}:)
I feel so stressed for you as well & it makes me so sad for you. I can't beleive you got stuch talking to that lady & then you bought a book from her. bless your heart!
Then speaking on sunday...... you do such an amazing job on everything that i know you will be able to pull it off!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOD LuuuuuuuuuuuCK
XoxO
That was one crazy house last night! I hope SYTYCD gave you a few stress free moments. Good luck and just picture yourself hanging out by the lake and doing crafts next week! It's like finals week, drink a lot of dr pepper and plow through :)
how is it that i can totally relate? that's life! anyway, i am assuming this means no girl time friday? WAAAAAAA!
I guess the Lord has a lot of blessings he is trying to pour out on you, huh??
Im sorry you're so stressed, but I know you can do it. You always do!!
Oh, Mel! I'm so sorry for the bad day. You'll rock at your talk, I know. Just remember the great stuff you won - it looks like some good stuff!
Ok, seriously, girl. You have some "yessing" issues. Just say no. It's like when you learned about drugs as a kid. Just say no. I'm amazed you're taking on so much.
Post a Comment