Friday, August 29, 2008

At least it's not golf

I love fall. It is far and away my favorite season. I love the smells, the colors, the mountains, the cool weather, the sweaters, the crunch of leaves under your feet.... I could go on forever.
There is just one problem with fall:


BYU football.

Yep, it's that time of year again. The time of year for entire Saturdays taken away by thinking about football, listening to talk radio about football, discussing football strategies around the dinner table, watching football, being in a bad mood because they lost... or even because they should have won by a bigger margin.
my husband has few obsessions: music (weezer to be specific), google earth, locking the doors, and BYU football.
The others I can deal with, but the football thing, now that can get annoying. Especially as we are entering Brian's last semester, which we have lovingly named it "The Semester From....." you fill in the blank.
He will be tackling more credit hours than I have nightmares about, on top of full time work and full time fathering.
So, in short, BYU football rains on my fall parade.
And I don't like it.

7 comments:

Nick Park said...

That's ok, I don't like it at all either :)

Heather said...

Amen sista!!!! :)

Sarah said...

I don't have the tv set up yet since we have been back and just last night Cody was trying to find some bunny ear antennas so that he can make sure to get ABC for the game on Saturday. I mean heaven forbid Sat comes and he misses the first game. :)

Lisa said...

Not only am I a BYU/Football widow in the fall. But as you know I am a golfing widow all summer!!!! I love fall too!!! I can't wait for the mountain to change colors.

Jen said...

I'm so grateful Elton doesn't like sports! Bring the kids on over if you'd like a break! Maybe my yard could keep them busy while we scrapbook or work on our little calendar :)

Ashley Rae said...

Ugh. Seriously. Football? I don't understand the obsession, nor do I care to. I'm super glad Justin isn't into sports. Just music... which is kind of my obsession, too, so I understand it. But football? I think I'd go crazy. I admire you for putting up with it.

briana said...

mel, admit it, your favorite part is memorizing the moves the cheerleaders make. it is time you are honest!

GO TEAM!

i love you.