Friday, April 11, 2008

The day the music died


I don't know that I have all that much to say today. I am just mourning the loss of Michael Johns, the reason I tuned into american idol this year. I mean, what? The talent impared cowgirl is still there. And the token wanna be whitney houston chick is still there. And I love the guy, but seriously do americans real have the illusion that david archuleta is going to make an album suitable for anyone under the age of 60? And David Cook? Well, he used to be a little beacon of light, until he mentioned his favorite band was Our Lady Peace? Crash and burn, brother, crash and burn. So today I am wondering when the world went so wrong and what people were thinking and I am debating whether I will still be tuning in every week to see Brooke, whom I frankly am very undecided about. If I do, it will be with great sadness in my heart and a bit of sickness in my stomach because eww, Paula Abdul makes me want to vomit. And that sadly my friends, she will never be in the bottom three.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!!!
I totally agree with you! And it was a complete shock. I wanted the cowgirl outta there from day one. And the one you call the Whitney Houston wanna be, well... she bores the heck out of me. I always fast forward through her singing. I thought for sure it would be one of those two girls.
But talking about that other dude, I agree with Simon. I think he is pretty into himself and I don't think he should take credit for any originallity in his performances. He ripped them off the internet. They weren't his ideas or creativity. And he just plain bugs me.
I used to like Brooke in the begining, but now she is too cheesy and seems slightly fake. But I am secretly still rooting for her.
Anyway, I guess I could have kept this simple and written:
I feel the loss! :)

Lisa said...

Mel,
I'm here, just no time to blog. This weekend at some point though I will update my blog. I agree on the American Idol thing. I felt bad for him last night. He looked totally shocked. I like David's voive but he seems like he has no personality. Any way, I love to read your blog. Tell Jonas Happy Birthday from C.J. and all of us. Lisa

Heidi P said...

Ya, he is such a babe too. I stopped watching when Josiah didn't make it...

Heather said...

Ditto, Ditto, & Ditto!!! :)
I will miss seein you!!!!

Macdonalds said...

LOL! I agree! He was so shocked, it was very sad. That cowgirl is still there...blah! I will probably continue to watch parts of the show anyway.