

My brother in law Dave and his strong, exhausted wife, Amanda, just gave us the latest edition to the Swanson clan. She came just before midnight. We could hear her cry all the way from the waiting room. She went ahead and followed my babies' examples of being GIGANTIC, weighing in at 9 pounds 11 ounces, 21 inches. She is a beautiful baby. Being all perfectly round and huge and cone headed, she really reminded me of my babies. Put me right back to a day almost 8 years ago when my GIGANTIC baby was born. I looked at this little girl (nameless for now), and was lost in the memory of my feelings as I held my first baby. Knowing that joy was right there in that moment. The purest form of love and happiness and everything good in my arms. Knowing that my life just got turned upside down and I was ready and willing and excited about it because I knew, holding that first little baby, that my life had finally connected with it's purpose.
6 comments:
you are so lucky to have all of your family near to share those special moments. congrats to everyone!
Congrats!!! Wow 9lbs... I can't wait to see more pictures! Tell them Congrats from us!
thats awesome. tell dave congrats from us.
aimee
Awww! Congrats to Dave and Amanda! That is one big baby!
It took me a bit to figure out who mel33 was but I did it! It is so good to hear from you. I am loving reading your blog now that I have found it. Your kids are cute and your stories are funny. I'll keep checking back.
I am way too hormonal to be reading this very sweet blog. Thank you so much for being there for us Mel, I am ever grateful for all your love and support :)
ps: definitely writing this at 3am next to the billybed...but surviving and loving my cute girl that looks like an alien with that eye mask.
Post a Comment