No picture today because something is up with my computer (GRRR). I need to take it in AGAIN to get serviced and I don't want to take it to PC laptops. Does anyone know any other place to take computers?
Some of you asked for the enchilada recipe I mentioned, and I would love to give it out EXCEPT.... it is in no way a healthy food choice. In fact, it may disgust you. SO, please be warned.
I always tend to make this recipe for a crowd so if you don't plan on cooking for a bunch then half this recipe...
4 lbs chicken (tasty little animals)
1 pkg of 30 flour taco size tortillas (yes you will use most of them!!)
2 cans cream of chicken (please don't insult me by using the 98% fat free kind... gross!)
1 can rotell (however hot you like it... I use mild. This is found in the tomato paste isle)
2 cans enchilada sauce (again however hot you like it. Let me tell you that I am a wimp so I go for the nice and mild kind, but you go ahead and kick it up a notch!)
1/2 c. milk (There I threw something healthy in there. You feel better?)
8 ounces sour cream (again with the fat free....eww. In fact, I would venture to say that if you have fat free sour cream in your fridge right now, this recipe is not for you. Turn and run.
2 LBS Cheddar cheese... Yes I said 2 lbs. You know that big old brick? I know that is lots and lots of cheese. But know this: cheese is your friend. If you are having irregular heart palpitations due to this amount of fatty cheese, don't worry you don't have to use all of it. But you really should turn and run.
First you cook your chicken. I bake mine for and hour at 350 covered with foil... but cook it however your mama taught ya.
shred the chicken. The tasty little animal.
Then...
in a saucepan toss in:
2 cans cream of chicken
1 can rotell
1/2 c milk
8 ounces sour cream
Stir and heat through. Then remove it off heat so that you don't do something gross like scorch it.
Then this is the really complicated part...
you take a tortilla
put some chicken in it
then a good amount of cheese
then a spoonful of enchilada sauce
and a spoonful of the sauce mixture
and then you ROLL IT UP
and put it in a pan!
Then you keep doing that over and over until you have a pan full. This recipe makes like 20-26 enchiladas for me.
After you make YOUR desired amount
you spread the remaining sauce mixture and remaining enchilada sauce over the top of those tasty little things.
Why? So you can make it good and gooey and disgusting, that's why.
Then you cover the top of that with cheese.
Because you can never get enough cheese.
And cheese is very very tasty.
Then you cover it with foil and bake it at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Then you eat them for dinner that night. Then you eat them again the next day. And the next. And the next. Until you feel like you don't ever want to eat enchiladas again.
But you will. Don't worry, you will.
Let me know when you make 'em if you like them!
Heather this is pretty similar to your recipe, right?
4 comments:
My mouth is watering for some!!
Yeah it is relly similar I want to try yours b/c I love a little "spice" in it every once in a while!! I have a really picky eater... guess who??
He only likes things really simple & bland!! :)
has the famine begun? i am assuming with thoughts of this recipe maybe, maybe not! today is monday....what is up? if you don't have to return and report do i? i think i am heading back tomorrow or wednesday, whatcha doing this weekend? wanna play?
then again, you probably don't. i leave town unannounced, i don't list the childrens club on my list of jobs...what kind of friend am i? not so cute anymore huh?
I LOVE this recipe! I got this from you when I was up for Christmas and have made it many times since. I even made it for some friends one night and they loved it too. It was a win, win. Easy and yummy!!
Post a Comment