Thursday, April 17, 2008

Learning to Bite my Tounge

I am writing this not in an effort to bash my husband, but in an effort to feel a little more understanding of men and more united with wives out there. Okay, maybe that is a bunch of crap, but what is the harm in poking a little fun at my husband right? I am personally ok with it, and frankly I doubt he will read this, so I will just speak for him and say I am sure he wouldn't mind. I looked out my window today and this was my view. My kids riding bikes on the driveway. The oldest playing with a hose in the field (no he is not relieving himself in the pasture.) Then my eyes fall upon my husband. Washing his car right before he knows it is about to snow. And I started thinking to myself, "That car wasn't dirty. At least I didn't notice that it was." And I started wondering of all things to clean, (and mind you there is a lot around this house, and no, please do not come over to see, just take my word for it.) why is he washing his car in 50 degree weather right before it is due to snow? And the detail he is taking while washing the car is a lot greater than he takes to vacuum or make the bed, that is for sure.I mean there are a lot of cleaning jobs on my priority list that are WAY higher that waxing the car right before a storm. If I asked him why he felt the urge to do this, I am sure he would say something about salt on the road and rusting the car or blah blah blah...
But I know better. I suspect this is a guy thing. In my experience, guys mostly do things on their own schedules, and when it directly effects them. And it is a man and his car after all. And I come from a family very passionate about their German cars. So I snapped the shot and walked away. I won't remind him that it is about to snow and I wont even point out that is pretty much a waste to do this in my opinion. I won't ask him what he is thinking because I already know. This is his car. And I know better than ever come in between a man and his German automobile.
So my question for anyone reading this is does your husband have that thing? The thing that he is very possessive about and borders on the compulsive when it comes to taking care of it? Or is it just my neurotic husband? And you know, it very well may be. But I am willing to face that reality, people. Because it is not me we are talking about is it?

10 comments:

Heather said...

Mel, O.K. you know my husband right!?!? He is watering the lawn right now while it is 30 deg. outside & any min it's going to rain!!! He is obsessed on making my lawn green?? Green.. we live in washington for crying out loud!!! :) So it's not only your husband since I really think they came from the same family!! :)
He makes me laugh so hard!! You got to love them right????

Heather said...

Mel you know they are alike when I just told Nate about it & he replies by saying.. What's wrong with that?? He just wants to get it cleaned before it snows again!! What!!!!!!
I said Nate, Melanie sure could use a hand inside.. Well, he probably just needed to get the salt off!!!! Are you kidding me!!!
TWINS~

Five Point Restoration said...

Whatever... you girls are so funny with your little blogs. Aren't you missing Oprah or something? Glad to hear Nate's got my back on this one. I must admit, I sure do love a nice green lawn myself.

Sarah said...

You jinxed yourself, Mel. I knew the moment I read that line about Brian not reading this, that he would. Murphy's law or something. and Brians comment makes me laugh.
I know what you mean though. Cody totally takes special care of his "baby" the jeep. He used to wash it every week. Its a little harder now. I don't know how he survives. :)

Heather said...

Mel, tell brian that I was watching Oprah yesturday & I didn't comment back b/c I didn't want to be "wasteful" :) Did you watch it yesturday???? I felt like crap afterwards!!!! No more Wii for Cayden!! :)

Heidi P said...

Yep- loading the dishwasher. No dishes can touch, not even a little. and they are scrubbed before they are put in. I dont complain- at least he does the dishes, even if there are only 6 dishes in the dishwasher at a time.

Danielle said...

Guys do strange things in strange timing...like today for instance...we are supposed to be moving to SLC and my cute husband signed up for the bike part of the marathon....what? I know he really likes to bike but this is our moving day and I sure hope that he isn't sore b/c we are moving anyway! I really just don't get guys some time...they have thier own timing and we just have to be patient and maybe go watch Oprah.

Macdonalds said...

That is seriously funny! It's always reassuring when I see I'm not the only one with a husband that doesn't always make sense.

briana said...

for me it is a man and his motorcycle and electronics. you know what i am talking about! and oh the days of oprah, kids trashing every room, cheesy rice and grilled cheese or tuna sandwichs!

Ashley Rae said...

LOL- yes, it's definitely a "guy" thing. And I don't get it.
My husband's obsession is his bass guitar. He complains that he never has enough time to do his homework and other "chores" around the house because he's so busy. Busy with what? I come home from work and he says "hey babe- listen to this new bass line I just made up!"

I know full well that he spent at least 2 hours plucking away.