Wow, that picture is a little freaky looking isn't it? I mean, I know my toes are a bit freakish, but really when you zoom in on any toes aren't they all a bit freakish?A few years ago we started a tradition in the Swanson family. Whenever someone is having a major life event (marriage, baby, etc) we all go out for pedicures. My SIL Laurie is like due to have a large baby come out of her small body any minute, so yesterday we all went and had pedicures. (minus one very missed red head). And, had one of the six people actually brought a camera I would have posted a picture of all seven girls lined up in chairs, but apparently none of us have proper functioning brains. (I know, Sarah, if you had been there, you would have totally had your camera).
Let me tell you that my feet badly needed this. I know people always say that, but trust me when I say you have not seen feet like mine. It is this thought that always makes me extremely self conscious as I settle into that massage chair. Then the lady starts working on my feet, and she starts talking to the other ladies about something I cannot understand because I am not Korean or Vietnamese. But I am sure that lady was probably discussing how nasty my feet were and complaining to her co workers that she always gets the gross ones. They all chuckle after a bit, so I know I am right. But I wish I could tell them that my feet aren't anything once you have seen my husbands. Them are some nasty feet. He needs a pedicure so badly, but I just don't feel I could subject anyone to that torture. And if I did, I wouldn't be able to afford the tip.
Back to the point, she cleans my feet and begins the massage. I am looking around at all the other girls and they all look like they are relaxed and enjoying the pampering. I was not enjoying my massage, because it was more of a beating. Seriously, it was so rough! There was punching going on. I am sure she was taking out her frustrations of always getting the nasty footed people on my calves, and that's ok, because if I had her job I would probably be pretty dang sick of nasty feet too.
But the result was one that I am happy with; even if I end up covered in bruises.
8 comments:
my piggies are so neglected! as soon as my blisters heal, i want to do the same! i am sad we couldn't go together. sniff, sniff! next time maybe. now you need to go get some adorable thongs to show them off! what did you do with angel baby?
me likey your quote this week!
Love the toes! Don't you just laugh at those vietnamese.... i have know idea what they are talkin about either.:)
Love the quote as well!
Cute tootsies! I love pedicures. Its hard to find people who know how to give good foot massage that isn't annoying. (I happen to be great at foot massages... : ) )
Glad you got to have a little girls outing!
I always seems to get the rough ones too! My mother-in-law loves to treat us to pedicures, I'm all for it. My feet definitely need some TLC right now!
I got beaten up, too! I kept looking at YOU to see if they were doing the same thing, but it looked like your lady was being a lot gentler than mine. Funny what perspective does!
I need one of those! How fun! I know what you mean about the massage! You aren't the only one.
I am very disappointed in all seven of you girls for not one of you bringing a camera with you!
I would say "What were you thinkin'", but obviously you weren't.
jk :)
I'm happy you all were able to find a time that worked for your schedules.
Post a Comment