Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!


I have not posted in a few days because there has not been all that much to write about lately. Why? Because we are all pretty much doing one thing: A whole lot of this. We have been park hopping and trying out all the different parks and trails. So if anyone knows of any cool ones around you, please pass it my way.
I did not post any pictures of me doing this for several reasons... first and foremost, I like you people; I even care about you. And I would not like to torture you with pictures of me running. It is not a pretty sight. You can just trust me on this. Second, because I am usually lagging very far behind these two. Yes, I am so pathetic that my 8 year old is in better shape than me. I am truly keeping it real. Thirdly, because someone has to keep Caleb from eating the dirt and bugs and you-do-not-want-to-know-what-else, along the way. Fourthly, because I am the one usually taking pictures and it would be a bit hard to do both at the same time.
Just know that I am here. I am tired and out of breath but I am here and hoping that soon, less of my butt will be.

9 comments:

Heidi P said...

Aw Mel, I am sure you look great. It is nice to FEEL better though. Way to go and take your whole family with. I bet that makes it a little less torcher. Good luck!

PS there are trails right by the lake. (I pretend its the ocean and its wonderful)

Merilee said...

That is awesome that you guys are doing that together. I can't get my husband to go walking or running with me for anything.
Don't be so hard on yourself, kids have TONS of energy to run with!
You probably know of this one..but Draper Park has a fun paved trail. If you need company, I could join you on that one. In the hill/mountain behind our house are a ton of biking and hiking trails too. Fun for easy hiking, and biking, not good for running though.
Keep it up!

Heather said...

I don't think that my husband has seen a park in like a year! What a cute picture of Brian & Jonas.
Mel, seriously I love ya to death! You make me smile everyday when I read your blog. I love that you keep things real!! :)BTW that dessert it totally sugar & fat free!!!!! :)

briana said...

me likey the new looky! i was deciding between blue and green. i like it alot! so, i read and i am thinking if you can continue to make me laugh like that then i won't have to do stomach crunches! my belly hurts. STOP!

Heather said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee the new look!! What a cute picture of bri & jonas!
I'm with bri you make my stomach hurt! You should write a book!!

xo

Sarah said...

You are doing it the best way! I hate all those machines that are supposed to help one get into shape. What I like to do instead is trick myself. I'll go hiking, or swimming or go to a park or whatever and then I feel like I am having fun while at the same time helping my body. Ok, so I don't really do that much anymore, but I still like to think that I do.

And speaking of parks, I went to a cute park here in OK. It was what they call a splash park. I guess they're all around here. Its a bunch of toys that have holes with water spraying out and kids run through them. I think they should have them in UT for the kids during the summer. Its fun, free and what else could you ask for??
I know this has nothing to do with what you were interested in, but thought I would share. :)

Macdonalds said...

Actually,I heard dirt is the best source of daily minerals for toddlers. (Max prefers tiny pebbles and grass.) I don't know why they feel the need to eat that stuff?
Great way to spend time as a family Mel!

Jen said...

Hey, I didn't know you guys were doing that. How awesome! There's a neat park near us with a huge, long trail all around it and a nice little playground. I go walking there in the mornings (sometimes) with a neighbor of mine and we push strollers. Not much of exercise, but it's fun to get out. You're awesome to start running. Go Mel!

Ashley Rae said...

Way to go!! Running can be great exercise. I ran the St. George marathon last year, so I found lots of cool trails around here during the year... Jordan River Parkway is nice because it is SO long... it goes forever. So you can decide where you want to start and turn around. A lot of times we just went running through cool neighborhoods (sugarhouse) or up immigration canyon...

Oh- and don't let this discourage you, but I didn't lose ANY fat or weight from marathonning. I gained 10 lbs. (I know it's muscle, but I'd rather lose fat than gain muscle.) Of course, it could have been that I still gorged myself with ice cream all year.