Thursday, April 3, 2008

Truth Sayers



So I am working out and I am not enjoying myself. Surprised? You shouldnt be. I get off the machine and plop on the floor, trying desperately to not be the first person to exercise herself to death. Sweat is running down my face and must have looked like tears. Caleb is studying me with a look of real concern and points to the eliptical machine and says: "Mom? 'dat mean?"
To which I respond: "Yes, baby that machine is really very mean."
Then hailey says, "So, like, why are you doing that machine anyway?"
And I say, "So I can be more healthy like you. And so I can loose some weight."
She stands there, ponders my answer, looks me up and down, and replies,
"Um, it's not working."
You always know where you stand with kids. And to her, apparantly, I am a strange mother who is killing herself for no apparant reason.

4 comments:

briana said...

this tells me i need to work harder and sweat more! all i know is i can't breathe. boys are our kids alike...last night burke said the darndest thing to me. day two check! yippee!

Heather said...

Mel, I love it! She is so funny!! If they only knew right?!?!? When I look at her on the ball she reminds me so much of Laurie!

I'm just proud of you that you are doing it... ask me if I have...
NOPE!! :(

melanie33 said...

well after seeing your post heather, I can see that you have been a little distracted. I am still scared from reading it!

Merilee said...

Oh my Gosh! Kids say the funniest things! I love how he asked if the machine was mean. too funny.