
Things I said I would never do before I became a mother... of three.
1. My kids would never go to school looking scroungy.
2. I would not let my kids have those school pictures with the hair that makes them look like a homeless kid on the street.
3. I would not take my kid to the store with what I call the "sucker face". You know, where they have a sticky face and little every single particle becomes a magnet towards the stickiness?
4. I would not let my kids have a pacifier if they were old enough to pull it out to speak. (this one still makes me laugh everytime. I actually thought that.)
5. I was sure my kids would wear pants. All day long.
6. I would not have those kids that scream hysterically in the store, while the mom is frantically looking searching through her purse for something, anything to shove at the kid to quiet him.
7. I never thought I would say "Because I said so" to my kids.
8. I never thought my house would look the way it does most of the time.
9. I never thought I would let my kids watch Spongebob.
10. I never thought I would walk around for weeks in flip flops when my 5 year old daughter has painted my toenails.
Also on my list of never thoughts? I never thought I would be mother of the year. And that is why I have not lost my mind permanently.
What is your "I never thought" ?
11 comments:
Ha! Love it Mel!
1-I never thought I would let my kids sleep with me.
2-I never thought I would let my kids wear those obnoxious shirts with power rangers, dora, spiderman, etc. chariters on them.
3-I never thought I would let my kids eat junk for breakfast (until my husband bought Lucky Charms from the devil)
4-I never thought I would love to entertain my kids with my dorky humor, which I am sure they are going to hate when they are a teenager. (Like I did with my dad)
I agree with the Spongebob thing. Now, I have to admit, I am a fan. Although there are a few episodes I turn off.
i had so many things i thought i would never let my kids do. now that i have kids i think you do whatever you need to do to survive. i also have to remind myself that their only kids, might as well let them live it up.
ps---i'm also a spongebob fan.
dude, all i know is that i have a picture that could put jonas's to shame! we have talked about it, but you have never seen it! it is the school picture that was taken while i was prego with brooklyn. need i say more. that pic is not bad! he looks so cute! problem is, i cannot post it on the bloggety blog, cause my kids are basically my audience! lol
oh and i never thought i would let my kid have a cell phone. i mean he is not even in middle school yet. in my defense, the phone was under contract when santa brought brady an iphone for christmas...so it was either let baylor use it or have it just sit. =)
There are so many things like this that I find myself doing also! I read something a while ago and the woman said "I was the best mother in the world... before I had kids" haha. I thought I knew it all..before having my boys. Isn't it funny how everything changes.
oh..and I owe you a big THANKS! I guess you made a nice comment about my photography on one of your friends blogs, and her sister-in-law now wants me to do a photo session for her. So thanks for the free advertising. haha :)
Jonas still looks adorable! We are totally on the same page with this one. I don't have cable so no Sponge Bob. I love Sunday mornings when you rush to church at 9 am and notice as you are settling into a pew the kids are wearing breakfast as an accessory,their clothes are wrinkled and you forgot to comb their hair...or they decided to "restyle" their hair before you left and managed to only keep one shoe on. I honestly never understood how moms came to church with their kids looking that way...until I saw mine look the pretty similar after I had Max.
That is an awesome list. So many of those were on mine, too. Here's another one:
I never thought I'd let my kid watch more than 1 movie during the day or more than an hour of TV while I clean/get ready/cook/etc.
Spongebob... I'm very embarrassed to admit that I laugh out loud at way too many episodes. I have been known to be a bit immature when it comes to the things I find humorous.
how long is sarah in town?
I never thought I would leave a 8 month old while I went on vacation!!! Oh is my kids getting so spoiled right now!!! :)
Post a Comment